Poke Transporter is Giving People Issues

Because of the eShop closed.

Discuss the Pokémon games here! This includes Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon plus any others!
Artisan
Verified

RPG Character: Floride The Hedgehog
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 4,055,522.09
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 19,212,021.21
Mood:
United States of America

Poke Transporter is Giving People Issues

Unread post by Artisan »

There are plenty of articles out of the eShop being closed so those without paid plans for Bank can never transport your Pokemon from Generations up to 5 with Poke Transporter. The alternative is to have a friend where it works OR use the NDS Adapter Plus and the 3DS Save Dongle and use the classic PKHex and move them over yourself and do what Nintendont. Haven't tested this, however I never cared because all you get out of the VC games is Hidden Abilities and maybe other things if you are lucky or excellent at the 8F glitch. That's not me. So I will just use Bank normally with my 3DS games instead and not care about the rest because they aren't competitive prior to Gen 6 for most people (I didn't transfer some from 4 but I'm a rare person*) and if it's not possible still for most people... I say Scarlet and Violet are the easiest Generations to make competitive Pokemon anyways if you needed one and don't waste time on certain Pokemon because of dexit.

*I might inject some Pokemon via PKHex tho in the method I brought up in the second sentence. I like Infernape and Empoleon and my SwSh dexit mons from Sinnoh.
word count: 216
:bananadance: The OG really know how to make a sandwich I tell ya w'hut :bananadance: Image
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 311.35
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Poke Transporter is Giving People Issues

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

But Pokémon Bank is free now! If you downloaded PokéTransporter, it will still work! I don't see how this is giving people issues... Unless there are literal errors being given when attempting to use said applications, the title of the topic might be a bit misleading! You may want to change the topic title to something else! Not gonna force you, but...
word count: 65
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler
Demon_skeith
Verified
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Freshman Member
Freshman Member
Cash on hand: 9,574,500.04
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Referrals: 9
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by Demon_skeith »

I thought the pokemon bank itself was discontinued sometime ago?
word count: 10
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

Demon_skeith wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 2:54 I thought the pokemon bank itself was discontinued sometime ago?
Pokémon Bank was never discontinued though its days are pretty much numbered from this point onward since Game Freak and/or The Pokémon Company can't keep it running forever.

PKSM, a 3DS homebrew Pokémon save editor app, is another workaround to bring over Pokémon directly from your Game Boy (Colour) Virtual Console and Nintendo DS Pokémon games over to your 3DS Pokémon games that hasn't been brought up here yet.
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on April 2nd, 2023, 4:39, edited 2 times in total! word count: 96
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 311.35
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

I believe that as long as Pokémon HOME is still in service, Pokémon Bank will still also remain in service, because they are POSSIBLY being managed the same way, and separately from Nintendo Network! As long as Pokémon HOME is around, Pokémon Bank will be, too! Whether this is ACTUALLY the case or not, I don't know! This is just what I think (and HOPE!)!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on April 3rd, 2023, 9:39, edited 1 time in total! word count: 70
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 204 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (16), User avatar Artisan (6), User avatar Tiger21821 (36), User avatar DPadDoc (21), Maria (11), User avatar Tiger21822 (63), Arial (11), User avatar Lyn (12), User avatar Lyndis (26), User avatar Demon_skeith (2)

Return to “3DS Pokémon Games”