The WiiU didn't deserve death (Split from the NDSCentral Archive thread)

If U like the Wii U, then U should like this forum too!
Demon_skeith
Verified
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Freshman Member
Freshman Member
Cash on hand: 9,574,500.04
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Referrals: 9
    Android Chrome
Nintendo 3DS Central

The WiiU didn't deserve death (Split from the NDSCentral Archive thread)

Unread post by Demon_skeith »

NDSC_CaptainDrewBoy wrote:The WiiU didn't deserve to die. It was a great console packed with awesome games. Sure, the tablet was underutilized. Sure, having a New Super Mario Bros. game as a launch title was a bit of a misnomer. But it was a great console nonetheless, and you could tell Nintendo had put every bit of love into it that every other console received.

Agree? Say why!
Disagree? I'd love to hear your reasons!
NDSC_Tiger21820 wrote:I think it was unfortunate that the Wii U didn't do very well... I never owned one, but it is still disappointing... I hope they port Super Mario 3D World to Switch!
I don't even remember what really killed it, bad programming? The bad name? I did love the Wii U pad though, I thought it was going to make so many awesome RPGs, but sadly, no.
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on September 25th, 2021, 7:48, edited 1 time in total! word count: 150
Reason: Topic split! Please don't post in the Old Nintendo DS Central Topics forum!
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: The WiiU didn't deserve death (Split from the NDSCentral Archive thread)

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

Demon_skeith wrote: September 24th, 2021, 23:44 I don't even remember what really killed it, bad programming? The bad name? I did love the Wii U pad though, I thought it was going to make so many awesome RPGs, but sadly, no.
The Wii U's commercial failure was due to a mixture of bad marketing, questionable naming that made some think that the Wii U was an add-on to the pre-existing Wii, and low/gradually decreasing third party support since the middle of the console's lifespan among other reasons.
word count: 95
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Demon_skeith
Verified
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Freshman Member
Freshman Member
Cash on hand: 9,574,500.04
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Referrals: 9
    Android Chrome
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by Demon_skeith »

DPadDoc wrote: September 28th, 2021, 20:29
Demon_skeith wrote: September 24th, 2021, 23:44 I don't even remember what really killed it, bad programming? The bad name? I did love the Wii U pad though, I thought it was going to make so many awesome RPGs, but sadly, no.
The Wii U's commercial failure was due to a mixture of bad marketing, questionable naming that made some think that the Wii U was an add-on to the pre-existing Wii, and low/gradually decreasing third party support since the middle of the console's lifespan among other reasons.
I do recall all that, pretty sure developers complained about coding for it as well. Hard to believe Nintendo dropped the ball so hard after the Wii's sucess.
word count: 131
Artisan
Verified

RPG Character: Floride The Hedgehog
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 4,055,522.09
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 19,212,021.21
Mood:
United States of America

Unread post by Artisan »

I never owned it but it has so much potential. Asymmetric gameplay sounds great but could be done with any hardware I feel like say Pac Man Vs. on many other consoles as well as Among Us. The pad was neat but clunky but great for VC from GBA and DS. However, if I wanted to play Smash 4 I might be disappointed trying to play while looking at the pad. Good games but shame most got ported to Switch and the Wii is the most documented system ever for repairs. If it has any good features though, then let me know.
word count: 102
:bananadance: The OG really know how to make a sandwich I tell ya w'hut :bananadance: Image
froggyboy604
Verified
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 8,005,285.72
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Mood:
Canada

Unread post by froggyboy604 »

I think the Wii U could of done better if people earned more money back in 2012-2017.

If people earned more money in the past they can more easily afford a Wii U, and other consoles they wanted instead of only having enough money to afford one console and a few games. The original $300 price for the 8GB version of the Wii U and the $350 price for the 32GB version could of been too expensive for many people who don't earn much money per year, or they can't save enough money per year to buy a Wii U and a few games because they have a lot of bills to pay like gas and electricity bills.

The Wii U not being able to play DVD movie discs may of cause some people to not buy the Wii U because they wanted a console which can also play DVD movies.

I think the Wii U low amount of storage for the 8GB version of the Wii U could of made it less popular because people may of wanted a console with 20GB or more storage space instead of 8GB.
word count: 193
MisterBobbyPin
Verified
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 8,017,523.32
[Donate][Start Robbery]
    Windows 10 Chrome
United States of America

Unread post by MisterBobbyPin »

To be frankly honest, I am glad it's dead. It had it's perks but Nintendo needed to move on. And sides the sooner those Wii remotes were gone the better life was.
word count: 34

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 219 visits

User avatar DPadDoc (38), User avatar Kougyoku (13), User avatar Tiger21821 (60), tomthebomb (19), froggyboy604 (9), MisterBobbyPin (3), User avatar Grungie (2), User avatar Tiger21822 (18), flowermom (14), Special Guest Account (15), User avatar Tiger21820 (19), User avatar YoshiPikachuPlayer (2), User avatar cm2 (3), User avatar Artisan (2), User avatar Demon_skeith (2)

Return to “Wii U Discussion”