Shadow Archer Special released to commemorate the original Shadow Archer's 6th Anniversary

The actual last new Wii U eShop game?

If U like the Wii U, then U should like this forum too!
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
    Windows 10 Opera
Nintendo 3DS Central

Shadow Archer Special released to commemorate the original Shadow Archer's 6th Anniversary

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

On August 25th of 2022, devoted Nintendo enthusiast indie dev Ultra Dolphin Revolution released Shadow Archer Special, an upgraded version of Shadow Archer, an arcade-style overhead wave shooter game that was released back on the Wii U six years earlier. This release comes 8 months after Captain U, another game from the same developers that is a meta platformer that takes advantage of the Wii U Gamepad's functionalities that was thought to the last game released on the Wii U before a couple more showed up.

Ultra Dolphin Revolution is an indie development team full of Nintendo enthusiasts known for releasing new digital exclusive games on the Wii U very late in the console's lifespan. The name Ultra Dolphin Revolution is also a Nintendo reference, I'll explain it in the spoiler below:

Ultra as in Ultra 64, the prototype name for the Nintendo 64.
Dolphin as in Project Dolphin, the codename for the Nintendo GameCube.
Revolution as in Nintendo Revolution, which was the codename for the Wii.

More info: Nintendo UK's official page for the game since Nintendo of America got rid of all the Wii U game listings on the official North American Nintendo website.

Will Shadow Archer Special be the actual last game to be released on the Wii U or will someone else steal the spotlight of putting out the last ever game on the Wii U? Do you think Ultra Dolphin Revolution are crazy (not in a bad way of course) or just insanely devoted for pumping out new Wii U games this late in the console's lifespan? We'll just have to wait and see.

P.S.: Wake me up when Ultra Dolphin Revolution opens up a theme café, if you know what I mean.
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on September 6th, 2022, 6:04, edited 4 times in total! word count: 296
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 43 visits

User avatar Tiger21821 (4), flowermom (3), User avatar DPadDoc (23), User avatar dragon101 (3), tomthebomb (3), User avatar Tiger21822 (4), User avatar Tiger21820 (3)

Return to “Wii U Discussion”