Goldeneye 007 among other Nintendo 64 games to join the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack

Discuss all other Switch games here!
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Goldeneye 007 among other Nintendo 64 games to join the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

The highly-acclaimed FPS game from Rare Limited (or Rareware as they were known as at the time of them being a second-party company to Nintendo) for the Nintendo 64 Goldeneye 007, based on the movie of the same name, joins the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack's Nintendo 64 games lineup some point in 2023. Trailer for Goldeneye 007 from the September 2022 Nintendo Direct is down below:

As a side note for fellow XBOX One and XBOX Series X/S owners, Goldeneye 007 (the original Nintendo 64 game, not the remake) will also join XBOX Game Pass as part of Rare Replay around the same time as the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack release.

-

A slew of other Nintendo 64 games will join the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack selection through the remainder of 2022 and 2023. Here's the trailer for everything else the NSO Expansion Pack will have up for offer:

The games announced include:

2022: Pilotwings 64, Mario Party, and Mario Party 2

2023: Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2, Mario Party 3, 1080 Snowboarding, Excitebike 64, and Goldeneye 007

I find it strange for Nintendo to include the Pokémon Stadium games without a way to bring over teams of trained up Pokémon from the Game Boy Pokémon games. Maybe this is a hint that Game Boy and Game Boy Colour games are joining the service in the future? If so, here's hoping that NERD (Nintendo Emulation Research and Development) is able to emulate Nintendo 64 Transfer Pak functionalities to these versions of the Pokémon Stadium games without much trouble. Only time will tell.

EDIT: As per the trailer above, it has been stated that Pokémon can not be transferred over to the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack versions of the Pokémon Stadium games. I'm pretty sure that they're referring to any Pokémon from the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of the Gen I and II Pokémon games transferred over from Pokémon Bank to Pokémon Home. This is a letdown especially knowing that a sizable chunk of the rental Pokémon in the Pokémon Stadium games are far from satisfactory to seasoned Pokémon enthusiasts.
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on September 14th, 2022, 20:44, edited 4 times in total! word count: 376
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 33 visits

User avatar Lyn (3), User avatar Tiger21820 (4), flowermom (10), User avatar DPadDoc (9), User avatar Tiger21822 (3), User avatar Tiger21821 (4)

Return to “General Switch Games”