Game Boy (Colour) games join Nintendo Switch Online + Game Boy Advance games join NSO Expansion Pack

Discuss all other Switch games here!
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Game Boy (Colour) games join Nintendo Switch Online + Game Boy Advance games join NSO Expansion Pack

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

As per the recent Nintendo Direct, games for Game Boy and Game Boy Colour join Nintendo Switch Online as of today and Game Boy Advance games also join but they'll be exclusive to the Expansion Pack tier.

Trailer (with games available at launch plus a few coming soon):

Any Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, and Game Boy Advance games you're willing to replay on NSO? Which games would you like to see get added in the coming future?

P.S.: Japan got a few different/extra games in their lineup. Japanese NSO members get Yakuman at launch instead of Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare as well as Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru and Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade joining the lineups in the coming future.
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on February 8th, 2023, 21:13, edited 1 time in total! word count: 131
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 475.94
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Mac OS X Safari
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Game Boy (Colour) games join Nintendo Switch Online + Game Boy Advance games join NSO Expansion Pack

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

Nope, no way, HECK NO!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! I'm fine with my Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance emulators, and I will not tarnish the good name of emulators that offer more than even the Virtual Console of all things could ever hope to offer by using such services! And considering Nintendo's track record when it comes to the emulation of system perphirals, I can guess that we WON'T be getting GB/C Link Cable support, Infared support, Game Boy Printer support, 2-4 player Game Boy Advance Link Cable support, 2-5 player Wireless Adapter support, e-reader support, or GBA GCN Link Cable support… And we're expected to pay $50 for this sh*t? Absolutely f*cking pathetic… Nintendon't STILL fails where emulators prevail!
Open source Emulators are still decades ahead of Nintendo's own emulators, so why bother with the proprietary crap when the open source stuff offers more features? I expect perfection when it comes to the support (or the eventual support) of external accessories to make GBC/GBA games fully complete????(dumb iPhone has no spelling suggestions, so spelling pending) and so far, they failed! Though, I cannot blame them: It would take too much effort to program that stuff in to be like all other emulators, and they clearly lack the knowledge to implement such advanced features that many emulators can already emulate with much ease… Whenever Nintendo tries to come up with some sort of old system emulation, I can always find a way to tear it apart due to their hopeless incompetence of being unable to provide the most definitive ways to play these games on modern hardware, in this case, the lack of full multiplayer support for GBC/GBA games… And yes, I know they did that for the GBC Pokémon games for the 3DS Virtual Console (and with infared support!! O.O ), but that statement will not hold up in court because they DIDN'T add that to ALL games for the system!

In short: No! No play-yee Game Boy Whatever on the Swtichy-Switch unless they add support for the cable thingies! Bye-bye!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on February 8th, 2023, 23:51, edited 1 time in total! word count: 361
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Game Boy (Colour) games join Nintendo Switch Online + Game Boy Advance games join NSO Expansion Pack

This is my formal apology to Nintendo:

Nintendo... I'm sorry!
I'm sorry that I doubted your ability to add full 4-player link cable support to Game Boy Advance games!

And I'm sorry that I am STILL not getting the expansion pack!

I can still do so much more via "UNOFFICIAL" emulation! I mean, HOW ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO LISTEN TO THAT ADORABLE SONG IN FIRE EMBLEM THE BLAZING BLADE CALLED "ROYAL PALACE OF SILEZHA" THAT YOU CAN ONLY UNLOCK BY CONNECTING THE GAME TO THAT RELATIVELY RARE MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH!! BONUS DISC FOR THE GAMECUBE (WHICH I HAPPENED TO HAVE IN PHYSICAL FORM AND A COPY OF FIRE EMBLEM WITH THAT CONTENT UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!) !?!?!?!?!?

JUST LISTEN TO THIS!!! IT'S ADORABLE!!!!! SO FEW PEOPLE EVER GET TO HEAR IT!!!!!!!!

At least you added SOME form of Link Cable support to the Game Boy games even though it will still be a pain in the [REDACTED] to actually use it!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on June 9th, 2023, 23:01, edited 8 times in total! word count: 164
► Show Spoiler
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

BUMP
Look at the above post!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on June 9th, 2023, 22:46, edited 1 time in total! word count: 6
► Show Spoiler

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 94 visits

User avatar DPadDoc (15), User avatar Morgiana (26), User avatar Tiger21820 (21), User avatar Tiger21821 (12), User avatar Tiger21822 (11), flowermom (6), User avatar Notte (3)

Return to “General Switch Games”