Jimmy Neutron: Boy Geinus (PC) Walk-thru-Walls Glitch! (And discussion about the game in general!)

Become a ghost and access some hidden content! Or just talk about the game!

Talk about all other platforms that have nothing to do with Nintendo here!
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Jimmy Neutron: Boy Geinus (PC) Walk-thru-Walls Glitch! (And discussion about the game in general!)

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

This glitch will enable Jimmy to walk through almost every solid wall or object, as well as walk up any kind of slope no matter how steep it is, even if it looks straight!
To preform the glitch, you must find a fence, or a ledge that Jimmy can 'Hop' over, and anything that can attack Jimmy! The ideal places to do this are in Cindy's backyard, and the very beginning of the first part of the Yolkian Ship at the end game! Position yourself next to the fence, and wait for the enemy to approach you! Just before it attacks you, 'Hop' the fence, but immediately press the shrink key (Enter or left control), and Jimmy will appear to be frozen in his shrinking pose while the camera moves up! If the enemy attacks you in this state, you should show your hurt animation, and slide through the fence! After that, you should be able to walk through any wall and walk up any slope until you quit the game!

This is now an official Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius PC discussion thread!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on December 10th, 2020, 15:51, edited 3 times in total! word count: 184
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler
mentir
Verified
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Mood:
Switzerland

Re: Jimmy Neutron: Boy Geinus (PC) Walk-thru-Walls Glitch!

Unread post by mentir »

First of all, thanks for telling the world about this, we can hopefully use this in our speedrun. The red neutron you found might be used in our AllRedNeutron speedrun (we have not decided yet what to do about out of bounds red neutrons).
If you wanna search for more red neutrons, We have the WrongLoad glitch (found by hogwash) which allows us to have access to all the inventions on all stages (even the training mode ones, its crazy stuff) which then in turn lets us go out of bounds in most of them.
Do you know if there are any other ways to end this glitch, short of quitting the game? Quitting the game is always a bit messy in speedrunning with the timing.
word count: 126
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    unknown unknown
Nintendo 3DS Central

I think there are a total of 67 Red Neutrons in the game! Also, please tell me the wrong load glitch! I also have more things to submit to The Cutting Room Floor, which I will do at some point...
At random times (I think) the Walk Through Walls glitch can 'cure' itself, but I don't know what causes it to happen! Also, the glitch only effects Jimmy, and nothing else!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on May 2nd, 2020, 15:47, edited 1 time in total! word count: 72
► Show Spoiler
mentir
Verified
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Mood:
Switzerland

Unread post by mentir »

Any information on how to "cure" it would be valuable to us, if you get any hints please let me know.
Other than that, I can give you a quick rundown of the glitches/exploits we know of. Some of them you might already be aware of I guess. The big on is at the end since its the longest one:
-Grappler oob: can be used in multiple places to get oob. Basically what you wanna do is get it to connect to a place behind a wall then wiggle a bit until jimmy goes through the wall.
-Get stuck in training stages: Before picking up an invention from the ground (f.e. the jetpack right at the start of the game) go to the inventions menu, click on practice so its background becomes blue. now leave the menu with ESC. if you now pick up the invention practice mode will start + there will be the yes/no prompt on screen. press Y to get stuck in practice mode forever (and to oob on some of them)
-bubble walk: us the bubble to move forward, then in midair end the bubble with space. Jimmy will now walk quite a bit faster until you stop, turn around or move backwards.
-fast walk: us the bubble. JImmy will now walk a tiny bit faster until you restart the game.

The big one: Invention glitch aka Wrong-Load aka hogwash masterpiece.
Basically what you do is you load a save while a cutscene is playing in the background which confuses the game and for some reason makes it give you all inventions (also messes the teleport locations). There are multiple ways to do it but the easiest is:
Go into the save/load menu and press "new" so the "start new game? yes/no" appears. here comes the real trick: press and hold ESC and then at the same time release ESC and press Y. This required a bit of work to get the timing right but if you get it you should be in the menu and hear the cutscene playing in the background. from there, press the load menu again and load any save you like. F
This will make the game glitch out, give you all inventions and weird teleport locations depending on how exactly you do it. Also you screen will be locked so either start a practice room to and leave it or save then load to get that back.
The first step, instead of starting a new game and getting into the menu that way you can also load a save and to the same ESC/Y trick to perform this trick anywhere. This gives you the rocket in power plant which you cant do otherwise (because you have to pick it up and as such let the game know you have it otherwise)
As far as invention availability goes, you can use the inventions anywhere except if the game knows you have it and its blocked on the map. For example in retroland, you can use the rocket when you first get there, but as soon as you pick the rocket invention up from ultralord the game knows that you have it and you cant use it anymore because its blocked on the map. same with bubble, if you don't pick it up you can use it anywhere always with this glitch, but if you pick it up its blocked on the maps where its usually blocked. Iirc practice rooms are an exception to this, I remember always having all the inventions in there with this glitch.
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on May 4th, 2020, 13:59, edited 2 times in total! word count: 602
Reason: Locking the post so this info cannot be lost, probably not a permanant lock!
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    unknown unknown
Nintendo 3DS Central

(Note to self: fix the spelling and capitalization errors, and just the post in general once I can type on an actual computer, and not a phone!) I recall that there is a Darwin in the main area of Downtown by the soda vending machine that is kinda glitched: If you shrink it and try to pick it up, it will return back to it’s normal size, but it won’t harm you, and cannot be reshrunk! Messing with it for a bit in that odd state has canceled the effects of the walk through walls glitch before, but it may be impractal for a speed run, since it takes a while to get it to restore collision! The scooter is not effected by the walk through walls glitch, so if one is doing a speedrun with the walk through walls glitch active and gets to a point where the glitch becomes impractial, but doesn’t want to completely disable it, the scooter may work out! Also, while the bubble can go through walls, I have been able to defy gravity for a good amount of time by using it when you get your jet pack out automatically after falling from a hight! When properly used, it can be very helpful for speedrunning or when you fall into the void and don’t have the rocket! A good place for speedrunning while using this technique would definitly be the power plant, since you can just walk into the void, and once you use your jet pack to slow your fall, switch to the bubble, and float straight to the control room without having to do anything! That’s if done at the right time and place! It’s best to get acustomed to the layout of the power plant, so you know where the room is, and to find it without getting lost in the void! The visibility in there is very low, so it can be very easy to get hoplessly lost in there, so I recommend pressing the ‘windows’ key on your keyboard (if you have one) to minimize the game, then after going back to it, the fog will be gone, and your visibility will go up consideribly! I hope this is of use for future speedruns, and thank you for sharing the glitches! Give my thanks to the ones who discovered them too!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on May 4th, 2020, 13:58, edited 1 time in total! word count: 398
► Show Spoiler
mentir
Verified
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Mood:
Switzerland

Unread post by mentir »

Good thinking on the power plant, in fact the idea is so good we use that one already :D Or well, we did when we used to do the powerplant level in any% that is. nowadays we finish the any% game in 1 minute 30 seconds with the Wrongload glitch, only ever entering lab, neighbourhood, school and final ship 1. We still do it if we run "no save/load" though.
word count: 70
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    unknown unknown
Nintendo 3DS Central

What I like to do is to get the highest score I can get! If you have any scores to share for this game, share them in this topic: https://www.nintendo3dscentral.com/php ... f=51&t=198

I will add them to the ranking! Try to beat my high score! :biggrin2
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on May 4th, 2020, 14:56, edited 1 time in total! word count: 51
► Show Spoiler
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Jimmy Neutron: Boy Geinus (PC) Walk-thru-Walls Glitch! (And discussion about the game in general!)

I got a save file that has the wrongload glitch on a brand new game! It is save file 10! Load that one up, then save to a free slot, and enjoy!
HEY! You can’t view this file! But there might be other files that you can view though!
word count: 32
► Show Spoiler
Kanacha
Banned!
Banned!
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
    Windows 10 Chrome
United States of America

Re: Jimmy Neutron: Boy Geinus (PC) Walk-thru-Walls Glitch! (And discussion about the game in general!)

Unread post by Kanacha »

Thank you for sharing this information. In each topic I find for myself a lot of new things in the gaming theme.
word count: 22
Best in-game gold shop Gaming4EZ where all can buy PoE currency fast & secure!

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 208 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (50), User avatar Lyn (19), flowermom (25), Special Guest Account (21), User avatar Tiger21821 (30), User avatar DPadDoc (2), User avatar Kanacha (6), tomthebomb (21), User avatar Tiger21822 (24), mentir (10)

Return to “Non-Nintendo Game Systems”