Information about forum IDs

Talk about anything here!
Forum rules
Don't post anything illegal here! Also, be respectful, and keep it PG-13!
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 347.63
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    unknown unknown
Nintendo 3DS Central

Information about forum IDs

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

All users, posts, topics, forums, usergroups, and attachments have a unique ID! Whenever something is deleted, that ID, such as post numbers 3, 4, & 5, is never, ever reused! That means you will never see a posts with the IDs of 3 to 5 in the future! Another thing to note are the member IDs! Wonder why you cannot find member #1? That's because member #1 belongs to the "Anonymous" account, and even changing the "u" value to 1 (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1) will return an error! My ID is 2, but I am the first registered user! Tiger21821 is member 48 and Tiger21822 is Member 49 but they are the second and third members to join! Where are numbers 3 to 47? Those are assigned to Bots (Group 6), which is a group you cannot view unless you change the value of "g" to 6 (memberlist.php?mode=group&g=6), because the forum prevents anyone from clicking on the "Bots" group in the legend on the index page! No users will be shown on the Bots group page either! Unlike the "Anonymous" account (and for all other Guests, which is group 1), all bot account profiles can be viewed by swapping the value of "u" to a number between 3 and 47 (You cannot click on the link of any Bots user name)! An example is AdsBot [Google] who is User #3! You can "visit" this Bot by clicking on this link: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3

So that's it about IDs! Was this enlightening? Did you find this interesting? Let me know by giving this post a "Thanks" and replying to it! :biggrin1

Post details: Information about forum IDs (Post 104), in Information about forum IDs (Topic 75) on the Off Topic forum (Forum 65), in the General Discussion category (Forum 18; Categories and Links also use forum IDs) by Tiger21820 (User 2), who is in the Administrators group (Group 5)

I won't do this for every post!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on September 6th, 2019, 23:37, edited 2 times in total! word count: 336
Reason: 4
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 28 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (13), User avatar Tiger21821 (4), Anonymous (4), User avatar Tiger21822 (4), User avatar CaptainDrewBoy (3)

Return to “General Discussion”