Have you ever imported a game, console, game accessory or other gaming-related goods?

...or come across any out of region games et al in your travels?

Discuss anything about video games here if you cannot find anywhere else to post it!

Have you ever imported any games, consoles, or gaming accessories et al before?

Yes, I have imported at least one game, console, accessory etc.
100%
I haven't imported any games, consoles, accessories et al, but managed to find some out of region gaming stuff locally.
No votes
No, I choose to remain domestic to my home region in terms of games, consoles, accessories et al.
No votes

Total votes: 4

DPadDoc Vickles
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Title: Proud Supporter of Team Darigan Citadel
    Windows 10 Chrome
Mood:
United States of America

Have you ever imported a game, console, game accessory or other gaming-related goods?

Unread post by DPadDoc Vickles »

As the title suggests, have you imported any video games, consoles, game accessories or other gaming-related goods before, come across an out of region game in the wild, or do you choose to stay domestic with buying games/consoles/accessories in your home region?

I have imported several games as of recent years, these include:

Hoshi no Kirby 3 - Japanese version of Kirby's Dream Land 3 since the North American version is pricey due to its late release. If I ever get around to "modding" my SNES to play Super Famicom games or import a Super Famicom from Japan (couldn't get it to run on my RetroDuo despite being able to play Kirby Super Star (which also uses the SA-1 chip) on there), I'll give this one a playthrough. Until then, I've got Kirby's Dream Collection for KDL3 so it's not a big loss.

Go! Go! Cosmo Cops! - A fun, quirky grappling climbing action platformer game for the Nintendo DS from the Custom Robo devs that only ended up releasing in European countries. It was going to see a release in Japan, but that version sadly got cancelled.

Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch - The latest installment in the Brain Age/Brain Training series. Due to the FTC having a vendetta on brain/IQ games for claims on these types of games actually boosting peoples' intelligence since early 2016, a North American release seems unlikely. Also got a copy mainly to have a compatible stylus for my Switch consoles.

Aleste Collection - A compilation consisting of the Master System and Game Gear entries of Compile's Aleste franchise plus GG Aleste 3, a new Aleste game developed by M2 which is exclusive to both this compilation and the White Game Gear Micro.

Asides those, I also have European copies of Bangai-O Spirits and Nanonstray 2 I found at a flea market a decade ago as well as a European copy of Solomon's Club I bought at a local games and movie store a year or so after that I thought was an American copy until I examined it closely and found French text on the sides of the label.

I have also imported several Amiibo from Japan back when I was actively collecting Amiibo in the Wii U era. Namely these ones:

Wii Fit Trainer
Toon Link
Robin/Reflet
Lucina
Gold Mario
Orange Inkling Squid

If you have imported any games, consoles, accessories et al or found any out of region gaming-related stuff locally in the wild, which ones have you imported/found in the wild?
Last edited by DPadDoc Vickles on May 8th, 2021, 6:43, edited 1 time in total! word count: 438
Image | Image

Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Administrator
Administrator
Graduate Member
Graduate Member
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
    Windows 10 Firefox
Referrals: 7
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Have you ever imported a game, console, game accessory or other gaming-related goods?

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

I imported the German versions of Pokémon Pearl, HeartGold, & SoulSilver!
word count: 11
:fireice1 :fire2 Master of Fire & Ice! :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 37 visits

User avatar YoshiPikachuPlayer (6), User avatar DPadDoc (7), User avatar Tiger21821 (5), User avatar Tiger21822 (4), flowermom (5), tomthebomb (5), User avatar Tiger21820 (5)

Return to “General Video Game Discussion”