Digital Combat Simulation Story Campaigns

Discuss anything about video games here if you cannot find anywhere else to post it! No serious gaming and real life topics in this forum! Those go in the Debate, Serious and Politics Forum (and you will need 200 posts to post in there!)!
Forum rules
No serious gaming and real life topics in this forum! Those go in the Debate, Serious and Politics Forum (and you will need 200 posts to post in there!)!
cm2
Verified

RPG Character: Marshall Silas
Cash on hand: 4,600,013.07
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 353,300,544.19
Title: PLOT Master
Nintendo 3DS Central

Digital Combat Simulation Story Campaigns

Unread post by cm2 »

Started playing Serpent's Head 2, one of many DCS F/A - 18 Hornet Story Campaigns, in this campaign I am playing as an experienced F/A - 18 Combat Pilot callsign "Ford" stationed on the USS John C Stennis.

Recorded main the part of The first mission minus the carrier catapult take off and landing, started as a boring mission, doing an airshow for the Georgian Public but then during the airshow suddenly out of nowhere 2 unknown fighters appeared (at 07:26 ), bombed the Crowd that was watching the airshow along with a couple of planes parked at the airport. Since it's for an airshow my fighter was equipped with only guns and zero missiles, I quickly switched my fighter into Air To Air Dogfight Mode, with Radar into VACQ (vertical acquisition mode), guns selected and armed , engaged the 2 fighters in a dogfight with guns. Damaged the first one and the other one tried to take a shot from my six, taking advantage of F/A - 18 Hornet's excellent slow speed turning capability, I quickly pulled a 5-g turn followed by a quick split - s and managed to bring the bandit from my six to my 12 o'clock gun sight, fired a couple of short burst of rounds from my guns and managed to shoot it down, then I hit full throttle and shot down the first bandit that was damaged before, splashed 2! Started boring but ended up being a good beginning event of a new conflict in Georgia. Wonder what will happen next...

word count: 261
"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go." -- Sherlock Holmes
ImageImage
cm2
Verified

[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Digital Combat Simulation Story Campaigns

Unread post by cm2 »

Flew Mission 3 of Serpent's Head 2 campaign. A CAP (Combat Air Patrol) and CAS (Close Air Support) mission, helping the Brits and local ground troops fighting the insurgents. Pretty fun mission, got spiked by pesky SAMs (Surface To Air Missile) Launchers at 16:29 , took them out with AGM-88 HARM missiles, did not give them the chance to launch SAM missiles at me. Took out 2 insurgent Heavy Armored Vehicles with Maverick IR missiles, did some Air to Air refueling, took out an insurgent ammo safe house with an Mk unguided free fall bomb and shot down a Mig-23 with an Aim 9 Sidewinder missile then landed back on the supercarrier. recorded it:

Last edited by cm2 on February 20th, 2022, 18:47, edited 1 time in total! word count: 117
"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go." -- Sherlock Holmes
ImageImage
cm2
Verified

[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by cm2 »

Flew Mission 5 of the Serpent's Head 2 campaign. A pretty engaging strike mission with some tense dogfight. recorded in multiple parts:

Launched during a bad windy weather with heavy Rain though above 9000 Feet the weather was really nice lol:

At 4:13 Got attacked by Insurgent Fighters enroute, 4 Mig 23s. Trident went ahead to fire a couple of AMRAAM missiles at them (unlike my fighter, Trident was not carrying heavy air to ground missiles so he could fly faster and turn much tighter than me) , then I followed suit fired the first AMRAAM then went left, beamed the missile fired at me by one of the Migs while dropping Chaffs at regular intervals, The Migs didn't have a solid enough lock on me with them having to dodge AMRAAMs from Trident and me so took a gamble and turned hard right to fire a second AMRAAM missile at another Mig and beamed the second missile fired at me. Trident hard splashed the third Mig. 3 Migs down. I checked my six, making sure it's clear then I engaged the last one with Trident from 2 different angles, I continued to maneuver my fighter and waited until I managed to get a really solid lock before firing my close range, infra-red air to air missile, AIM-9 Sidewinder, splashed the last bandit! Trident got hit by one of the enemy's missile so he had to RTB while I continued on with the strike mission, climbed to 32000 Feet and fired 3 realy long range AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW) air to ground missiles at the targets, I maintained a safe distance from enemy SAMs' range, entered the coordinates of the last target and fired the 4th JSOW at the last target, all targets destroyed:

The Supercarrier landing was quite difficult because of the very windy weather, heavy rain and turbulence, had to trim and increase/reduce my fighter's thrusters a lot to keep my fighter inside the landing glide slope and to keep it onspeed. Managed to get a good landing score despite all that, one of my best supercarrier landings lol I am quite satisfied with the landing:
word count: 368
ImageImage
cm2
Verified

[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by cm2 »

F-15E Strike Eagle Coming to DCS niiice! Before it's just the Air To Air Version of The F-15 Eagle, without any Air To Ground Capabilities:

word count: 28
ImageImage
cm2
Verified

[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by cm2 »

Annnd DCS F/A -18 Hornet is getting major updates yay! hyped!

Radar Update. In parallel with refactoring the Flight Model and FCS, a refactoring of the Hornet radar is well underway. Key elements to address are improving the look-down, PRF, scan azimuth and more in order to offer improved detection and target tracking simulation. 

GPS Weapon Lofting. An important weapon delivery option for JDAM and JSOW weapons is the ability to loft for extended range. There are several HUD and HSI changes that we plan to make this year to enable this enhanced delivery profile.

New Pilot Model. Whilst the Hornet already features a cockpit-view pilot model, we are creating a much improved and more realistic model with corrected kit elements, and have more life-like animations.

New Fuzes. Currently, the Hornet bombs only have contact detonation fuzes like the M904 and M905. In 2023 we will be working on new fuzes such as the DSU-33 airburst fuze and the FMU-152 Joint Programmable Fuze (JPF). Unlike other fuzes that must be programmed while the aircraft is on the ground, the JPF allows fuze programming while airborne.

In addition to the cockpit functionality to support these fuzes, changes will also need to be made to the Mission Editor, visual effects, and weapon damage effects to include them.
word count: 221
ImageImage
cm2
Verified

[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by cm2 »

Time to wear my F/A - 18 Hornet Squadron Patch for the hype lol
word count: 14
ImageImage
cm2
Verified

[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by cm2 »

New DCS F-15E Strike Eagle trailer is looking gooood! niiice!
word count: 11
ImageImage

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 102 visits

User avatar Tiger21821 (18), User avatar Tiger21822 (19), User avatar Lyn (5), User avatar Tiger21820 (17), User avatar cm2 (28), Joy (2), User avatar YoshiPikachuPlayer (1), tomthebomb (5), froggyboy604 (1), flowermom (3), Special Guest Account (3)

Return to “General Video Game Discussion”