Video Game Compilations

Discuss anything about video games here if you cannot find anywhere else to post it! No serious gaming and real life topics in this forum! Those go in the Debate, Serious and Politics Forum (and you will need 200 posts to post in there!)!
Forum rules
No serious gaming and real life topics in this forum! Those go in the Debate, Serious and Politics Forum (and you will need 200 posts to post in there!)!
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Video Game Compilations

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

Since I usually fancy collecting game compilations (mainly those with old school arcade and console games), I thought that I'd make a topic regarding them. I originally was going to talk about old school/retro game compilations, but I decided to cover compilations for modern classics and such as well.

Game compilations are multi-game collections that contain two or more games, usually released in the arcades or on legacy consoles back in the 1990s or earlier. There have been game compilations curated by companies (I.E.: Atari, Midway, Namco, Capcom) and franchises (I.E.: Castlevania, Seiken Densetsu/Mana, Sonic, Samurai Shodown) released throughout the years. These types of collections were usually a common sight back in the 2000s (and a fair handful in the 1990s as well) and have regained relevancy in the latter half of the 2010s.

Do you have any game compilations that you often enjoy? Do you enjoy having a straight up brand new game or a previously unreleased game thrown in? Are there any companies (publishers, developers and the like) or franchises that you'd like to see have a compilation in the future? Feel free to discuss and talk about old school and modern video game compilations and anything about them here.

I'll bring up some of my fave game compilations that I currently own at a later time.
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on August 24th, 2022, 23:48, edited 2 times in total! word count: 227
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Octavio
Verified
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 4,015,893.47
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Title: GYA HA HA, TIME TO DROP THE BEATDOWN
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Video Game Compilations

Unread post by Octavio »

My favorite ones are Sonic: Mega Collection, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, and i'd like to see a Mario & Luigi compilation soon.
word count: 22
Character Avatar
Tiger21822 Super!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Cash on hand: 956.97
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 54,301,000.00
Title: Tiger21820's OTHER clone!
Referrals: 5
Mood:
The Other Tigers!
    Windows 10 Edge
United States of America

Re: Video Game Compilations

Unread post by Tiger21822 Super! »

Post 6222! Nice!
word count: 3
:ice1 Master of Ice! :ice1

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 53 visits

User avatar DPadDoc (20), User avatar Octavio (6), User avatar Tiger21821 (9), User avatar Tiger21820 (9), User avatar Tiger21822 (9)

Return to “General Video Game Discussion”