Been playing lots of Super Mario Advance games on my Anbernic lately!

Talk about those games that feature everyone's favorite plumber as well as the Yoshi's Island games, Wario Land games, Donkey Kong games, the characters, and more!

Which Super Mario Advance was YOUR favorite Advance?

Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
14%
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
No votes yet!
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
29%
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
57%
None/Haven't played any
No votes yet!
Can't decide which one at the moment
No votes yet!
ALL OF THEM!!! (OK, I know that's cheating, but I'm the almighty Administrator, and whatever I SAY, GOES!!!)
No votes yet!

Total votes: 7

Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 347.63
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Been playing lots of Super Mario Advance games on my Anbernic lately!

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

I've been scoring lots of points, and getting lots of records for the Record Hall (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=38), getting lots of RetroAchievements (https://retroachievements.org/user/Tiger21820?g=10000), and making/playing tons of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 e-reader levels (viewtopic.php?f=61&t=806 , https://smaghetti.com/creator/tiger21820/ , https://smaghetti.com/ )!

The Super Mario Advance Series:
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Have you played any of these games? Which is your favorite? Have you got an e-reader? Have you been able to get any of the cards, or even printed out your own? What are your best records? So many questions!

I can't choose my favorite one (Though I would choose between SMA3: YI or SMA4: SMB3), but I'll put a poll, so you can choose your favorite! My least favorite has to be Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2, which also happens to be the only one I don't own physically!
Last edited by Kougyoku on March 14th, 2024, 12:49, edited 3 times in total! word count: 193
Reason: Removing no longer relevant spoiler
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Been playing lots of Super Mario Advance games on my Anbernic lately!

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

I have all four of the Mario Advance games. I voted for Super Mario Advance 4 as my fave Mario Advance due to my childhood fondness of Super Mario Bros. 3 with Super Mario Advance 2, the first game I ever owned for the Game Boy Advance, being a close second.

As I've stated back when I posted my collection of Mario stuff I own back when Super Mario Bros. celebrated its 35th anniversary, I do have some of the SMA4 e-Reader cards but I only have Set 2 and both of the pack-in cards that came with SMA4 if you bought a proper copy back when it was brand new.
word count: 114
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Artisan
Verified

RPG Character: Floride The Hedgehog
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 4,055,522.09
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 19,212,021.21
Mood:
United States of America

Unread post by Artisan »

I love the level layouts from SMB3. However, the e-Reader, made the game easier. I do like the media player aspect of gameplay replays they put on the cards and the extra levels, but unless there's a way to print those dot codes, I'm stuck with an incomplete set. I love the gameplay, but leaving content out was a drag.
word count: 63
:bananadance: The OG really know how to make a sandwich I tell ya w'hut :bananadance: Image
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 347.63
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

Artisan wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 18:39 I love the level layouts from SMB3. However, the e-Reader, made the game easier. I do like the media player aspect of gameplay replays they put on the cards and the extra levels, but unless there's a way to print those dot codes, I'm stuck with an incomplete set. I love the gameplay, but leaving content out was a drag.
There are programs that can print out Dotcode layouts, so it can be rather simple to do!

If you have glossy photo paper, and a printer that can print in 1200 dpi (Like an HP Photosmart), you can print out some working dotcodes! You'd have to tinker with the printer settings a bit, first! If you find a printer setting that prints out working dotcodes, save that setting so you can switch between them if you need to print out any dotcodes!

A good website for e-reader info is http://www.caitsith2.com/ereader/index.htm
word count: 168
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler
Artisan
Verified

RPG Character: Floride The Hedgehog
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 4,055,522.09
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 19,212,021.21
Mood:
United States of America

Unread post by Artisan »

Tiger21820 wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 19:08
Artisan wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 18:39 I love the level layouts from SMB3. However, the e-Reader, made the game easier. I do like the media player aspect of gameplay replays they put on the cards and the extra levels, but unless there's a way to print those dot codes, I'm stuck with an incomplete set. I love the gameplay, but leaving content out was a drag.
There are programs that can print out Dotcode layouts, so it can be rather simple to do!

If you have glossy photo paper, and a printer that can print in 1200 dpi (Like an HP Photosmart), you can print out some working dotcodes! You'd have to tinker with the printer settings a bit, first! If you find a printer setting that prints out working dotcodes, save that setting so you can switch between them if you need to print out any dotcodes!

A good website for e-reader info is http://www.caitsith2.com/ereader/index.htm
I do have a close to modern HP printer and program so I might try that. Need some paper I think though.
word count: 197
:bananadance: The OG really know how to make a sandwich I tell ya w'hut :bananadance: Image

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 78 visits

User avatar Artisan (9), User avatar DPadDoc (16), User avatar Kougyoku (12), User avatar Tiger21820 (15), User avatar Tiger21822 (15), User avatar Tiger21821 (10), User avatar Octavio (1)

Return to “General Mario Discussion”