Moderator guidelines and rules

Read them to become a good Moderator!

Tired of moderating the forums, and need to hang loose? Why not chat with another staff member and make some silly brags about how you banned that one troll! Honorary Members are welcome here too!
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 311.35
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Moderator guidelines and rules

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

This is in the regular rules topic, but in case you missed the post or didn't get the PM, I have the Moderator Guidelines conveniently posted here as well! Be sure you read these!

0. BE RESPECTFUL TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED!!!
I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY STAFF BEING RUDE, HARASSING, DISCRIMINATING, OR JUST IN ANY WAY BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO ANY MEMBER!!!
JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE STAFF DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN BE A DOUCHE TO EVERYONE!
IF I FIND YOU BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO ANY MEMBER, I WILL STRIP YOUR POWERS FASTER THAN YOU CAN BLINK, AND YOU WILL NOT GET HONORARY MEMBER BENEFITS!
CONSIDER THAT YOUR 'DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE', AND YOUR WARNING!

This hasn't been a problem here before, but just really should remind you the position you are in!

1. Infractions: Only ban if absolutely necessary!
Here on Nintendo 3DS Central, we chose to use a more simple method for handling general rule violations:
We will issue warnings for almost every minor violation committed on the forums rather than handing out bans, except under the case of an Advertising Forum violation! Please read down for more details!

Instruction for warning a user:

First, give them a verbal warning (No actual warning, it's what we call a "caution") to let them know that they need to stop doing what they are doing!

If they do not listen the first time, then you can warn (an actual warning this time) them! You can then issue additional warnings when you feel it is appropriate!

After 5 warnings, they will receive a 5 day ban, and warnings will expire after 90 days!

Only warn users IF THEY BREAK THE RULES, and not any other reason! Do not touch Tiger21821 or Tiger21822! They are mine! :laugh1

If the account is a troll account and is spamming the crap out of the forums, go ahead and ban him for however long you feel is necessary, and we'll have a good laugh over a nice can of soda in the Staff Lounge!

If a member commits a very serious violation, give them a permanent ban first, and then PM me (or a Co-Administrator), and we will discuss the matter in the Staff Lounge and decide how long the ban should be!

If a member creates a new account (or uses an old one (check the IP addresses!)) to evade a ban, then change their ban into a permanent one (if it isn't already)! and if they re-register AGAIN, ban ALL their IPs associated with ALL of their accounts!

Please do not use IP banning unless they create around 10 accounts! Just keep banning them permanently! IP BANNING SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS AN ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT!

Please do not issue warnings or bans for no reason to anyone!
This is EXTREMELY rude! Warnings are ONLY to be given to those who BREAK THE RULES, and NOTHING ELSE! You will be warned once, and ONLY ONCE if you abuse the infraction system! While the warning is valid, (they expire in 90 days) the next time will be impeachment!

Please don't touch anyone with the VIP rank! If they make a violation, please let me know before doing anything! This goes for Co-Administrators as well!

Please do NOT IP ban any spam bots! Spam bots cycle IP addresses, and some legitimate users or potential registrants may share these IP addresses and if you ban these IPs, you may end up banning them too, or if a member tries to sign up, they will get banned the moment they sign up! Always ban spam bots permanently, and don't IP ban them! Same goes for their e-mail address for the very same reason! PM me if you feel the spam bot needs to be removed!

2. Handling topics and posts
No one may delete ANY topic or post! Always close a topic, or close a post to prevent editing!
Edit posts where necessary! Please leave a reason for editing that post as well!
Don't blank out spam, or other nonsense posts! That counts as deletion!
When moving a topic, you can leave a shadow topic (a redirect) if the topic is being moved to a relevant forum!
If trashing a topic, move them to their appropriate archive forum, and do not leave a shadow topic (a redirect) for trashed topics, as it clutters the forums!
If you know how splitting, merging or moving topics or posts work, then do what you feel is most appropriate for the actions you will take! If not, ask me or a Co-Administrator!
If you are trashing (moving) posts from a topic (not the WHOLE thing, just a few), when specifying a topic ID, use 112 as the ID! If you aren't sure about it, ask me or a Co-Administrator!
Also, when reports have been resolved, CLOSE them! Don't delete them!

3. Moderators: Do NOT change a user's post UNLESS it violates the rules, and do not EVER change an Administrator or Co-Administrator's post without permission!
You will get only 1 warning if you modify an Administrator or Co-Administrator's post without permission! If it happens again, you will lose moderation privileges, and you won't get Honorary Member benefits! It is considered an overstepping of authority to change the post of an Administrator or Co-Administrator, unless they intended the post to be modified! It is also very rude to change a post a user made to something else if they have broken no rule!

4. What goes in the Staff Lounge STAYS in the Staff Lounge!
With the exception of the topic names on a user's profile, please don't mention any discussions made in this forum to the general public, unless I say it's okay! This goes for Co-Administrators too!

5. Reserved
Reserved for future use...

7. Reserved

7. Reserved

8. Other things
If you have questions, PM or e-mail me at Tiger21820@gmail.com!

If you are retiring from being a Moderator, you will be placed into a special user group as a thank you for your services! Honorary Members have a few additional privileges that ordinary members don't have, such as creating sticky topics, locking their own topics, and posting in the Announcements and the Staff Lounge forums! They also have all the permissions a Full Member has (If you happen to be under 200 posts)! If you get banned however, you will lose this user group and return to being an ordinary user (Brand New Member for <200 posts, Full Member for >=200 posts)!

For MOST violations, if you accumulate 5 warnings, you will be impeached without going into the Honorary Member group! That is your get out of banning free card! You won't be banned for that violation ONLY! (Note: You WILL be banned at first, but I will overturn it ONE time!) Moderators and Co-Administrators are NOT invincible!

Please do not warn an Administrator, or a Co-Administrator!
If I find a way to disable warnings for certain members or groups, then this statement will be removed! I don't know why, but founders can also be warned... That makes no sense! Just don't do it, ok? Otherwise, you will be warned! :nod3

This is a list of users that you are NOT allowed to warn or ban:
Tiger21820 (Well, DUH! That's a no brainer!)
Tiger21821
Tiger21822
flowermom
Lovebeingsoba
MarissaT
tomthebomb
saschweitzer
Special Guest Account
Everyone in the Tiger's Island Resident usergroup

This list applies to Co-Administrators too!

You may NOT warn or ban ANYONE in the list above, nor can you ban ANY IPs, or E-MAILS that belong to any of these users!! If these members are causing trouble, let me know, and I'll deal with them! They have... special ties with me, and are under my protection!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on August 5th, 2023, 22:24, edited 7 times in total! word count: 1329

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 63 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (35), User avatar Kougyoku (2), User avatar Morgiana (3), User avatar Tiger21821 (6), User avatar Tiger21822 (6), MisterBobbyPin (1), User avatar Lyn (3), User avatar DPadDoc (5), Naiwen (2)

Return to “The Staff Lounge!”