My Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 e-Reader Level series!

My progress so far: 16 out of 73 levels made

Discuss ROM hacking for any other game here! If you have any homebrew that you made, this is the place to post it! If homebrew becomes popular here, then a dedicated forum can be made!
Forum rules
Remember not to post ROMs here! (Homebrew is fine, as long as YOU made it!) Post your hacks as IPS, BPS (Both can be directly attached to posts), or whatever your favorite patch format is! You can also upload data files that are used by specific utilities (Upload those in your favorite compression format, e.g. ZIP, RAR, 7Z, TAR, etc.)!
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 311.35
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

My Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 e-Reader Level series!

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

The web based Super Mario Advance 4 e-reader level editor is going to be archived! That means more levels! If you want to make your own levels, https://smaghetti.com/ is where you should be! :excited4:
Tiger21820 from discord wrote:My plans (or I guess a GOAL) for an e-level series:
Make a total of 72 levels divided into 3 separate sets (will be referred to as a series)
Each level will have 5 Ace coins, and the first 8 levels of each series will have a custom e coin (which again, don't currently work when a level is loaded from a dot code), and 1 e coin gallery floor per series
Series 1 is the Flower Series, and will contain levels 01 to 32 (There are 7 levels currently made, with 05 and 06 still a work in progress, only published for those who want to add 10 more ace coins and 2 more e coins to their collection)
Series 2 will be the Heart series, and contain levels 33 to 64
Series 3 will be the T series, and will contain levels 65 to 72
And a special 73rd level has been made only for those who can show photographic proof that they have fully conquered all 72 levels with both Mario & Luigi
This is a long term project that may or may not actually be completed ever, and I won't promise you that this project will be completed!
This series of levels is intended to be loaded in using dotcodes with an e-reader (ROM) in a FRESH and brand new world-e save file, since these levels will be using all 73 level IDs (including the officially released levels), and will conflict with levels in pre-made save files!
This is not really a project as it is more of a self-imposed goal to make 73 SMA4 e-levels!
So yeah! You can use these with a Super Mario Advance 4 ROM along with a Nintendo e-reader ROM, or even an actual Super Mario Advance 4 game pack with an actual Nintendo e-reader if you are able to print the dotcodes out with your printer and get them to scan! If you have a printer that is capable of printing at 1200 dpi and have any glossy photo paper, then you should be good to go! You'll have to tinker with your printer setting to get the best results! Look around the internet for info on how to print out dotcodes and for programs that can print out dotcodes!

Each of the Flower Levels plus the first two Heart Levels can be stored and played along side the official Nintendo levels on an actual game pack since each custom level will first use each unassigned level ID to ensure as much co-existence with the official material as possible should you choose to do it this way! In fact, all 32 Flower Levels and Heart Levels 1 & 2 and Level 73 can be stored (Not saved, only 32+1 temporary level can be saved in the game) along side the 38 officially released levels! That means you can have all 73 levels on the level list, the absolute MAXIMUM number of levels in a single save file! You'll have to decide which e-coins you'll want to save since the first 8 share the same e-coin ID: Either the official ones, or the custom ones!

The raw files contained in the attached ZIP files can be used with the mgba emulator, or, as stated above, printed out and scanned with an actual Nintendo e-reader!

If you want to create your own e levels (and it's really fun and really cool!), go here, and also join their discord! https://smaghetti.com/

My progress so far: 16 out of 73 levels made!
Current number of Ace Coins: 075
Current number of e-Coins: 08

All levels have 5 Ace coins, and the first 8 Levels of each series has an e-coin, bringing a grand total of 360 Ace Coins, and 24 custom designed e-coins! Good luck getting them all, and even better luck to you on beating each level with both Mario & Luigi! Remember that you can save up to 32 levels, plus 1 temporary level, so I recommend two saves for each series, unless you don't mind scanning a level over and over again!

Level List:

Series 1, Flower Series:

01 First Level!
First level! This is the first of what will be a 72 (plus 1 extra for those who complete all 72 levels 100%!) level series! This will take a while! Good luck getting all 360 Ace coins!
Difficulty: 3/5

02 Maze 1
A maze!
Difficulty: 2/5

03 Many items!
Contains many items for all your e-level conquering needs!
Difficulty: 1/5

04 Tricky Footwork!
How are your platforming skills doing these days? Sorry if the music doesn't fit the level, but I just love it so much! You must fight gravity to get the e coin and one Ace coin!
Difficulty: 4/5

05 Amphibious Antics
I'm sure every level set needs an underwater stage! And where there is water, there is bound to be a frog somewhere in it!
Difficulty: 4/5

06 Fire and Ice!
True to my title's namesake, this is a fire and ice level! Be careful, this one's tough!
Difficulty: 5/5

07 The 4 Elements!
Mario traverses through the 4 elements of Water, Earth, Fire, and Air! Water room is a bit buggy!

08 Maze 2
Another maze!

09 Keep Running!
Just keep running, and don't stop! Let the triangular blocks guide you!

10 The 8 Worlds! Pt.1
A representation of the 8 worlds! This level contains worlds 1-4!
Difficulty: 3/5

11 The 8 Worlds! Pt.2
A representation of the 8 worlds! This level contains worlds 5-8!
Difficulty: 5/5

12 Hit That Switch!
Hit the switches! But where's that dang 3rd Ace Coin!?
Difficulty: 3.5/5

13 Airship
RIP Smaghetti... Hopefully an alternative will arise so I can actually make my 72 level set! Until then... I plan for no more levels until a long term solution is possible (such as a fork)!
It's an airship! What else can I say?
Difficulty: ?/5

14 The Museum! Pt.1
Welcome to the Museum! Come gawk at some of the strange critters that are native to the Mushroom Kingdom!

15 The Museum! Pt.2
Welcome to the Museum! Come gawk at some of the strange critters that are native to the Mushroom Kingdom!

Specials, Promotional Series:

73 THANK YOU!!!
Thank you for playing my levels! This is intended for those who manage to load in all 72 of my levels onto a new save file, and complete them 100%! So thanks again!

I need to get some new images up here!
HEY! You can’t view this file! But there might be other files that you can view though!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on February 18th, 2024, 11:24, edited 39 times in total! word count: 1181
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: My Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 e-Reader Level series!

This post is reserved for future use!
word count: 7
► Show Spoiler
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: My Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 e-Reader Level series!

This post is reserved for future use!
word count: 7
► Show Spoiler

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 182 visits

User avatar Lyn (10), flowermom (8), User avatar Tiger21820 (105), Grace (8), User avatar Morgiana (10), Maria (7), Special Guest Account (1), Anonymous (9), User avatar Tiger21822 (10), User avatar Tiger21821 (14)

Return to “General ROM Hacking”