Super Mario CG Movie 2023

Talk about your favorite movies, TV shows, music, books, and all of that stuff here! Please do not post unauthorized copywritten (copyrighted) content here please! It causes such a fuss when people complain about it...
Forum rules
Don't post any illegal things here! Also keep it PG-13!
cm2
Verified

RPG Character: Marshall Silas
Title: PLOT Master
Nintendo 3DS Central

Super Mario CG Movie 2023

Unread post by cm2 »

Read the Latest Poll from the Nintendo life on Pratt voicing Mario, after the first trailer dropped:

What's your initial impression of Chris Pratt as the voice of Mario? (5,893 votes)

He sounds great!
9%
I was quite impressed
10%
Not bad
28%
I'm not so sure...
21%
He's just not doing it for me
33%
word count: 60
"I am not the law, but I represent justice so far as my feeble powers go." -- Sherlock Holmes
ImageImage
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
    Windows 10 Opera
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Super Mario CG Movie 2023

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

I'm going to chalk up a vote for "Not Bad" with Chris Pratt voicing Mario, but he's no Captain Lou Albano. Jack Black is still a pretty choice pick for the voice of Bowser in this movie. The animation is better than expected though the Mario designs will take some getting used to.
word count: 55
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Artisan
Verified

RPG Character: Floride The Hedgehog
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Mood:
United States of America

Unread post by Artisan »

Not bad but less impressed. Just an average voice that was used because of his recognizability. Can't wait to see how he acts with the voice rather than a few lines cut here and there.
word count: 36
:bananadance: The OG really know how to make a sandwich I tell ya w'hut :bananadance: Image
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
    Windows 10 Opera
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

I just came out of the movie theater, I'm going to drop by this topic again to say a quick thing about Illumination's Super Mario Bros. Movie.

Contrary to the critics response, this movie left a positive lasting opinion and impression on me as a Nintendo junkie. If you're a either a longtime Mario-verse fan, Nintendo diehard, or Illumination enthusiast and haven't watched this movie yet, just do yourself a favour and watch this at least once in your life. I know there's a few things that defy series lore and game logic et al, but I'm going to let that slide.

Principal Mario series music composer Koji Kondo is credited, Super Mario Bros. Super Show theme song composers Haim Saban and Shuki Levy were also credited, even the late Satoru Iwata (R.I.P.) was given a shout out. DK Rap original composer Grant Kirkhope was sadly never credited for his efforts, but I assume it has do with Rare Limited being owned by a rival company to Nintendo.

Yes, please stick around for the entire credits for a surprise at the end. I don't want to ruin it for anyone here or anywhere else who hasn't watched it yet, you go watch it. Just make sure you allow extra time before watching the movie, that's all I ask.
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on April 18th, 2023, 15:09, edited 1 time in total! word count: 230
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 83 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (18), User avatar Lyn (12), User avatar Tiger21822 (12), User avatar Tiger21821 (14), User avatar DPadDoc (22), User avatar Artisan (2), User avatar cm2 (3)

Return to “Media”